Workbook for Lectors, Gospel Readers, and Proclaimers of the Word® 2023
United States Edition
Catherine Cory, Peter O’Leary, Stephen S. Wilbricht, csc
Order code: WL23 | 978-1-61671-665-3 | Paperback | 8 3/8 x 10 7/8 | 304 pages | Language: English
Order NOW for Special Pricing
Available in July, 2022.
When lectors, readers, and proclaimers of the Word need the most trusted, accurate, and user-friendly tool to help them prepare for the Sunday readings, they rely on Workbook. And for the past 30 years, Workbook has provided confidence to lectors and readers, giving them vital tools to feel prepared in their ministry as proclaimers of the Word.
• Full text of the First, Second, and Gospel Readings, and the Responsorial Psalm for context
• Annotated pronunciation aids adjacent to the word in question—a helpful way to build skill and confidence
• Proclamation advice with notes on pacing and tone
• Reading commentary by a Scripture scholar for the First, Second, and Gospel readings
• Bolded text, indicating where stress and emphasis should be placed within the reading
To proclaim the Word of God is a vital ministry in the Church. When lectors, readers, and proclaimers of the Word read confidently and with conviction, the liturgical life of the assembly is inspired. Workbook provides the context, ease-of-use, and guidance to instill that confidence in those who read at Mass so those who listen can encounter the Lord through the Word proclaimed.