Together for Life: Revised with The Order of Celebrating Matrimony
Celebrating and Living the Sacrament
Author: Joseph M. Champlin
Author: Peter A. Jarret, C.S.C.
Trim size: 6 x 9 inches
Together for Life has been the most trusted source for wedding planning in the Catholic Church for more than forty-five years. This new edition of Together for Life contains the new texts of the most recent translation of The Order of Celebrating Matrimony. It includes all the tools engaged couples use when meeting with a priest, deacon, or lay parish minister to plan their weddings and prepare for living the sacrament of Marriage.
Together for Life includes all of the information, prayers, blessings, and readings needed to plan a wedding that will be held within Mass, without Mass, or between a Catholic and a catechumen or non-Christian. FAQs address questions couples may have about traditions such as readings, music, witnesses, and unusual circumstances.
Together for Life includes:
• Approved texts for The Order of Celebrating Matrimony and prayers from the Roman Missal
• “The Word Brought Home,” scripture commentaries by Catholic leaders
• Catechetical commentary to deepen the understanding of the Church’s liturgy
• Hints for incorporating ethnic and cultural devotions and practices into a Catholic wedding
• Sample intercessions
• How-to guides to help parish ministers
• FAQ section about the celebration of Catholic weddings